We are living in a historic period in which attention to the environment, the fight against plastic pollution and the reduction of CO2 emissions have become an urgent necessity.
Witness to this is the recent meeting of world leaders at Cop26 that highlighted how a policy of the environment, actions to combat climate change and respect for the ecosystem are no longer postponed.
Changing consumer habits has become an urgent need and first, companies are called to develop new eco-friendly and eco-sustainable production processes.
It is based on these principles that U-Power is at the forefront, developing a new line of safety shoes completely certified Carbon Neutral.
Not only the development of new materials that use recycled plastic or compounds obtained from renewable sources and technologies. It can guarantee the safety of the worker and at the same time to respect the environment, but new production processes to counteract greenhouse gas emissions and offset CO2.
An ambitious project that has as a result a new line of work shoes, Red Industry Green: the first in the world completely Carbon Neutral.
Let us see together what change consists of.
- U-POWER RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT: NEW PRODUCTION PROCESSES AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY MATERIALS
- U-GREEN: ECO-FRIENDLY TECHNOLOGY FOR PROTECTIVE AND SUSTAINABLE SAFETY SHOES
- RED INDUSTRY GREEN: THE WORLD’S FIRST LINE OF CARBON NEUTRAL CERTIFIED SAFETY FOOTWEAR
The change begins with an approach to sustainable production according to the principle of a circular economy for the environment that minimizes waste, reuses and recovers materials, reduces CO2 emissions and compensates them with specific projects.
The production processes are updated and optimised with a view to reducing consumption. At the same time, the Research & Development sector of U-Power constantly strives to develop new technologies and materials. They exploit recycled materials obtained from renewable sources able to respect the environment, ensuring the quality and safety recognised by the U-Power brand.
From here, the development of U-Green technologies:
- ✔ Sole and insole in BASF PU 100% originating from renewable sources;
- ✔ Anti-perforation system “Metal free” obtained with 59% recycled polyester;
- ✔ Suede microfibre upper with a high percentage of recycled material;
- ✔ Putek Rider Repet with 68% recycled polyester;
- ✔ Laces 100% recycled polyester;
- ✔ WingTex Green lining with 66% recycled polyester.
But it’s not enough. U-Power has joined the project “Climate Neutral Now” which provides for the monitoring and optimization of the entire production process to measure its climate impact and compensate for residual greenhouse gas emissions with specific projects.
That’s why RED INDUSTRY GREEN is the first line in the world of safety shoes certified Carbon Neutral.
But what are the U-GREEN technologies used for the construction of the new line RED INDUSTRY GREEN?
We see in detail the advantages and characteristics of new materials and technologies used.
BASF KNOW-HOW FOR PU SOLE AND INSOLE 100% FROM RENEWABLE SOURCES*
BASF’s PU sole is 100% renewable* certified by an independent measuring system that guarantees the integrity and eco-sustainability of the finished product.
BASF BIOMASS BALANCE meets all international standards and safety guidelines regarding safety footwear. But the eco-sustainability and eco-compatibility of the product start from the eco-friendly approach that involves the entire production process. It also involves the use of renewable sources such as biogas and bio-naphtha obtained from organic waste and vegetable oils to replace fossil sources.
What are the characteristics of the BASF BIOMASS BALANCE PU sole?
- ✔ Compliance with the European Standard ISO 20345:2011
- ✔ High abrasion resistance
- ✔ High electrostatic dissipation (ESD)
- ✔ Resistance to oils and fats
- ✔ Non-slip properties
- ✔ Durability
- ✔ Microbial resistance and hydrolysis
The same type of approach characterises the production of the PU used for the insole WOW2, an anatomical and antibacterial insole able to guarantee high performance in terms of comfort, balance and shock distribution in the working environment.
*Use of BASF Redcert2 certified products containing 100% fossil replacement with renewable raw materials in its production chain.
SAVE&FLEX PLUS GREEN: “NO METAL” PIERCE-RESISTANT SYSTEM
HIGH PERCENTAGE OF RECYCLED MATERIAL
SAVE&FLEX PLUS GREEN is the result obtained by U-Power Research & Development of new eco-friendly and environmentally friendly materials that ensures 100% protection on the entire surface of the foot and uses 59% recycled polyester: a material obtained by melting plastic from bottles, plastic containers and post-industrial plastic materials.
The anti-puncture system SAVE & FLEX PLUS GREEN has the same safety features as the traditional SAVE & FLEX PLUS, but respects the needs of an eco-sustainable approach certified RCS (recycled Claim Standard).
ECO-FRIENDLY UPPERS, STRAPS, AND LINING TO REDUCE PLASTIC POLLUTION
The new materials used to make the upper of the shoes that make up the line RED INDUSTRY GREEN provide:
- ✔ GRS (Global Recycle Standard) certified microfibre fabric with 40% recycled polyamide and excellent mechanical properties including strength, softness, and breathability (used for NIAGARA models and NATURAL;
- ✔ Microfibre suede fabric (see model CANYON), extremely soft, durable and breathable, GRS (Global Recycle Standard) certified that uses 50% recycled polyester;
- ✔ Putek Spider Repet, a new RCS-certified fabric (Recycled Claim Standard) composed of 68% recycled polyester that ensures high abrasion resistance, lightness, waterproofness and high breathability;
- ✔ Laces 100% recycled polyester and certified GRS (Global Recycle Standard): same characteristics as the standard laces but 100% green;
- ✔ WingTex Green, the exclusive GRS certified air tunnel lining (Global Recycle Standard) that uses 66% recycled polyester and ensures prolonged well-being and health of the foot thanks to its ability to dissipate sweat and keep the foot dry.
And, of course, the research does not stop: U-Power puts all its efforts to find more and more sustainable solutions and develop more and more Green products, starting from RED INDUSTRY GREEN!
A new concept of work shoes that meets the needs of an eco-sustainable approach not only for the use of environmentally friendly technologies and materials, but that sets its production processes to achieve climate neutrality.
This is the real change, this is the responsible approach to a real sustainable future. This is RED INDUSTRY GREEN: the first line in the world of work shoes certified Carbon Neutral, that is, without environmental impact thanks to the use of environmentally friendly and sustainable materials. Due to this, greenhouse gas emissions have been reduced and the residual CO2 emissions have been offset by specific projects.
A new line of really green safety shoes that is the first step to fight plastic pollution and carbon emissions because the environmental balance depends on our behaviour and our actions.
Those of consumers, who must pay attention to waste and the choice of eco-sustainable products in their purchases but, above all, that of companies. Companies must put in place production systems capable of restoring environmental balance, without compromising the quality of their products and their technical characteristics.
RED INDUSTRY GREEN is all this: Quality, Technology, Protection, Safety, Comfort, and Respect for the Environment certified.
Let’s save the planet together.
Don’t worry, be green… with U-Power!
Dear reader, we hope you enjoyed the article.
If you want to deepen the subject and want more information, do not hesitate to contact us using the form below. Our technical staff will be happy to answer to your questions as soon as possible.
You ask, U-POWER, answer!